Re: [Xen-devel] xm block-configure

> Our business currently provides literally thousands of VMs with
> filesystems via blkback / blkfront.

Wow!  Cool :-)

> For security purposes, it's
> absolutely critical that we keep LVM outside of the VMs.

OK.  I generally recommend keeping LVM outside VMs anyhow, to ease
administration.

> What is the
> feasibility of getting block-configure to actually update the DomUs
> concept of the disk of a block device device?
>
> It hasn't worked for us for quite a while.

I don't quite understand what you're trying to do?  Could you please provide a
little more detail?

Is the idea just to make the resizing of LVM volumes visible to the guest?
I'm not sure exactly why this would be broken but I can imagine it might have
been.  It'd certainly be a useful feature to have back.

Cheers,
Mark