Re: [xen-devel] System time monotonicity

On 11/4/08 23:58, "Dave Winchell" <dwinchell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Your suggestion below is a good one. I'll give it a try and let you know.

(I thought most systems did expose an hpet, at least modern ones.
All the systems I use expose it.
My code defaults back to the tsc way of doing things when no hpet is
detected.)

It used to be deliberately not exposed because Windows had problems using it in some cases, iirc. If it’s no longer getting hidden in newer systems then that’s a good thing.

Anyhow, yes, please do switch over to system time. I wouldn’t take a HPET-vs-TSC patch anyway.

 -- Keir