RE: Re[Xen-devel] lease 0.8.4 of GPL PV Drivers for Windows

James,

James Harper wrote:

> Can you go into device manager, right click on 'Intel(R) 82371SB PCI Bus
> Master IDE Controller' and select Properties, select the 'Details' tab,
> and tell me the contents of the 'Hardware Ids' property, and the
> 'Compatible Ids' property. I need to see why it isn't being disabled...

My VM now has died, just sitting at Windows 2003 Loading screen and never
finishing.

I've restored the original (Pre PV) and done the following:

1. Installed .dot net framework 2.0

2. An unknown PCI device which i couldn't find any drivers for with the
following details:

device id=PCI\VEN_5853&DEV_0001&SUBSYS_00015853&REV_01\2&EBB567F&0&18

hardware id=PCI\VEN_5853&DEV_0001&SUBSYS_00015853&REV_01
PCI\VEN_5853&DEV_0001&SUBSYS_00015853
PCI\VEN_5853&DEV_0001&CC_FF8000
PCI\VEN_5853&DEV_0001&CC_FF80

not sure if this is causing the PV drivers any probs

3. install 0.8.4, but got an error when install ShutdownMon, i assume this
is only for xm shutdown to function, and not PV driver related:

Z:\software\windows\xen\WindowsXenPV-0.8.4>install
Windows 2003 (i386) Detected... Installing...

Unhandled Exception: System.Security.SecurityException: That assembly does
not allow partially trusted callers.
   at
System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.ThrowSecurityException(Assembly
asm, PermissionSet granted, PermissionSet refused, Ru
ntimeMethodHandle rmh, SecurityAction action, Object demand, IPermission
permThatFailed)
   at ShutdownMon.Program.Main(String[] args)
The action that failed was:
LinkDemand
The assembly or AppDomain that failed was:
ShutdownMon, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
The Zone of the assembly that failed was:
Internet
The Url of the assembly that failed was:
file:///Z:/software/windows/xen/WindowsXenPV-0.8.4/ShutdownMon.exe
Done

4. I rebooted

all fine, no mention of new drivers activated.

5. I made the changes to c:\boot.ini & rebooted

This sat at the gray screen & didn't reboot, I had to run an xm destroy &
create to get it up

6. I booted with /gplpv boot option

7. And now i'm just getting the Windows 2003 Server startup screen booting
for ever..

8. Tried again with same result

9. Tried again with safe mode

Windows activated Xen Net Block device

And asked for System Reboot

Still seeing duplicate disk drives & cdrom drives..

10. Booted up without /gplpv

chkdsk asked to check e:, i cancelled

11. Booted, but when i login, it goes back to the Crtl-alt-del screen
immediately

suspect file system corruption

12. Will re-run from the top to confirm its not a once off..

Cheers

James