RE: Re[Xen-devel] lease 0.8.4 of GPL PV Drivers for Windows

> James,
>
> This looks very good indeed, was getting tired of waiting for redhat
> put
> these out..
>
> I've tried this new version (only trying 0.8.3 before) with some
success..

> I couldn't run update on PCI Device to uninstall 0.8.3, but manage to
> unsinstall Xen PCI Bus & install 0.8.4 with everything upgraded ok..
>
> Anyway I'm allways getting "Windows has finished install new devicces,
The
> software that supports your device requires that you restart your
> computer.." on startup.
>
> I have two drives QEMU & XEN PV VBD, appearing even though I only have
> disk
> = ['phy:/dev/VolGroup00/tcsxis03-c,hda,w'] in my xen config file. The
two
> drives look like their mapping to the same logical drive i've
configured
> in
> RH XEN.

You will almost certainly get some fatal corruption before too long if
this is happening. It shouldn't happen obviously...

Can you go into device manager, right click on 'Intel(R) 82371SB PCI Bus
Master IDE Controller' and select Properties, select the 'Details' tab,
and tell me the contents of the 'Hardware Ids' property, and the
'Compatible Ids' property. I need to see why it isn't being disabled...

Thanks

James