RE: [Xen-devel] RE: GPL Win PV driver issues

  • To: "Stephan Seitz" <s.seitz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 21:29:48 +1100
  • Cc: xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 02:30:19 -0800

> i'm currently trying to build your pv drivers from hg repository.
>
> my test system is a XP SP2 x64 running on xen3.2 x86_64.

Unfortunately we don't yet support x64. I've had a quick look at it, and
managed to get it to compile, but it doesn't work.

> after hours of MSDN searches ;) if found the WDK Ver 6000 (just for
the
> list: do not search for WDK, search for DDK - as
> i'm no windows guru, the difference wasn't really clear to me)
>
> after a first try, i found "jvc" missing to the build environment (if
i'm
> right this is some java compiler, a quick
> installation of SDK-JAVA.EXE was only possible from mirrors, as the
ms-
> java sdk has reached its end of lifetime 20 days
> ago...)
> could you please give me a hint what i am doing wrong here, maybe the
> previously missing "jvc" is *not* java?

I can't imagine why anything called jvc would be required?
Are you definitely in the correct build environment? From there you
should just be able to type 'build' or 'bld'.

James