Re: [Xen-devel] Re: [Xen-changelog] [xen-unstable] vt-d: Test device assignability in xend, but defer actual assignment to qemu-dm.

John Levon writes ("Re: [Xen-devel] Re: [Xen-changelog] [xen-unstable] vt-d:
Test device assignability in xend, but defer actual assignment to qemu-dm."):
> This still isn't added ... Keir, should I bother? I don't think people
> will do anything unless you start enforcing it yourself :(

Perhaps it would be better to move the changelog to a file in the
source tree.  If we put our foot down just a little bit we could
reject (or fix up) patches that change the API but don't document it
properly.

Currently much of the documentation in the tree is out of date or
wrong but I'm hoping we can gradually improve this.  Where there is
good documentation, I think patches ought not to go in if they make
the docs wrong.

IME you can do one of (a) accept that a piece of documentation will
rot, (b) try to find someone to chase up afterwards, or (c) insist
that the doc changes have to accompany (or precede) the code changes.
At the moment we have (a), and there is unfortunately little chance of
(b).  I think a sprinkling of (c) would help :-).

Ian.