Re: [Xen-devel] [FW: FYI: The plan for Xen kernels in Fedora 9]

Hi,

On Tue, 2007-12-11 at 08:57 -0800, Jeremy Fitzhardinge wrote:

> > Also, adding CONFIG entries just increases the size of the source right
> > now.  I certainly think it's worth having eventually, but for now I'm
> > aiming for minimal invasiveness, so I haven't bothered with domU-only
> > configs.

> I think they're useful as documentation, so you can tell whether a piece
> of code is dom0/io-specific vs generic.  On the other hand, #ifdefs are
> undesirable, and more config options just means more combinatorial build
> testing.

> So put me down as uselessly indecisive on this one.

:-)  Well, we can wait and see if anybody complains; if the config
options are actually useful to people in real life, then that's worth
knowing.  Certainly, though, all the Red Hat and Fedora kernels just
compile with as much enabled as possible --- it's unnecessary complexity
to build separate dom0 and domU kernels.

--Stephen