Re: [Xen-devel] [FW: FYI: The plan for Xen kernels in Fedora 9]

Hi,

On Mon, 2007-12-10 at 17:06 +0000, Stephen C. Tweedie wrote:

> I just tidied up my current tree, and I've pushed patches to
>
>       http://people.redhat.com/sct/patches/dom0-pvops/2.6.24-rc4-A0/

btw, I'm maintaining this myself as a local git repository, with two
active branches: one working branch which I'll be rebasing regularly to
keep it synced up and patched against Linus' latest tree, and which will
be getting commits reordered and merged to keep things as a sane linear
patch queue against Linus's tree; and a full-history branch, which
contains all the history of the rebases for sanity checking.

This setup works extremely well for me, but I'm not sure how useful it
is for other folks.  Because it is regularly rebased, the active branch
isn't useful as a git merge source; and because it keeps all the
historical cruft that is being pruned from the active branch, the
history branch isn't all that useful as a development base.

But I'll push these to a public git repo if anybody is interested in
using the tree in that form.  (Just as long as I can put up a big hazard
warning about the dangers of using a git tree that loses history!)

--Stephen