Re: [Xen-devel] consistent LVM snapshot of domUs from dom0

  • To: "Nikola Ciprich" <extmaillist@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Mike Sun" <msun@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2007 17:25:09 -0500
  • Cc: nikola.ciprich@xxxxxxxxxxx, Stefan de Konink <skinkie@xxxxxxxxx>, Mark Williamson <mark.williamson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Sat, 08 Dec 2007 14:25:46 -0800
  • Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:sender:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references:x-google-sender-auth; b=vOyHnoEI8nx+v+tfHRWgQsn5g+XexQ+8kNEiSNGoI7VoXrHem2J7Wo62TIaz/pfoT1CoY5qef7hKlPcR5EZVoDkueWXMMkR7jMf+8hNBzWaCHi9qpdvqjTOqdlrUunWiJPAfYd9ejDix6RFwO3NbvfAVMJfCMY3fTX3fznta2qw=

Ok... I see where you're coming from Nikola... you're only concerned
with safe, consistent snapshots of the filesystem state without
checkpointing the running vm state.  Yes, implementing a special xm
fssnapshot command would be the way to go.  I was just curious if
there were any other pitfalls given my approach of checkpointing the
entire VM with a suspend followed by an lvm snapshot.  Thanks for the
clarifications.  I'm actually considering  an attempt to implement the
COW memory functionality that's been discussed on this list in the
past.

Mike