Re: [Xen-devel] Credit scheduler

  • To: <pak333@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Keir Fraser <keir@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 01:59:27 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 17:57:32 -0700

How many physical CPUs do you have, and what is the IO workload that one of the VMs is running?

 -- Keir

On 26/6/07 22:33, "pak333@xxxxxxxxxxx" <pak333@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi

I have noticed that VMs are typically spending 3 microsecs or less before they are being prempted. I thought that the credit schduler time slice was 30 ms. I have 4 VMs running and they are all cpu intensive except for 1 (which is IO intensive) but having a VM spend max 3 micro secs before being kicked out seems strange.

Is there something else going on that i am not aware of. Is the time slice really 30 millisecs? I am using default parameters of the credit scheduler.

Thanks
-Prabha