Re: [Xen-devel] HVM Save/Restore status.

Hi,

At 12:58 +0200 on 25 Apr (1177505885), Petersson, Mats wrote:
> My "disk-stress" tests have the following status:
> 1. SLES 9.3 using VNC as display has run for over 23 virtual hours, some
> 40 or so hours since I set off the test without any failures.

That's great!

> There's
> one difference between this test and previous ones: I've disabled the
> blanking of the screen - there appears to be a problem waking the screen
> after some time, not sure why that would be.

What are the symptoms there?  Is the guest still alive?  Is qemu-dm
alive?  Does it respond on the network, and just have a wedged console?
(Might it be the keyboard + mouse that have got wedged?)

> 2. "Simple-guest" fails to restore on the second restore, ending up with
> the guest "killed". Scanning the xend.log, I find "error zeroing magic
> pages". Looking further down that path, it seems like it's failing to do
> "xc_map_foreign_range"... I'm adding some debug output to try to
> determine where it goes wrong here.

Strange.  Are you doing anything wierd with the ioreq or xenstore pages
in the simple guest?  Their PFNs should have been maintained across the
first save/restore cycle, and they were mappable the first time...

Cheers,

Tim.

--
Tim Deegan <Tim.Deegan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, XenSource UK Limited
Registered office c/o EC2Y 5EB, UK; company number 05334508