[Xen-devel] HVM Save/Restore status.

  • To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 12:58:05 +0200
  • Cc: "Woller, Thomas" <thomas.woller@xxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 03:57:04 -0700

My "disk-stress" tests have the following status:
1. SLES 9.3 using VNC as display has run for over 23 virtual hours, some
40 or so hours since I set off the test without any failures. There's
one difference between this test and previous ones: I've disabled the
blanking of the screen - there appears to be a problem waking the screen
after some time, not sure why that would be.

2. "Simple-guest" fails to restore on the second restore, ending up with
the guest "killed". Scanning the xend.log, I find "error zeroing magic
pages". Looking further down that path, it seems like it's failing to do
"xc_map_foreign_range"... I'm adding some debug output to try to
determine where it goes wrong here.

I'm going to concentrate on this to see if I can track down where the
simple-guest fails first, then look at why blanking the screen makes
things go wrong.

I will also try with SDL once I've rebooted the system with a newer Xen
build.

--
Mats