[Xen-devel] Re: [patch 00/21] Xen-paravirt: Xen guest implementation for paravirt_ops interface

On Sat, 17 Feb 2007, Andi Kleen wrote:

> That was always its intention. It's not a direct interface to a hypervisor,
> but an somewhat abstracted interface to a "hypervisor driver"

I thought that hypervisor driver was some binary blob that can be directly
accessed via paravirt_ops?

> But you're right that there are currently still quite a lot of hooks
> being added. I plan to be much more strict on that in the future.

And it seems that the hooks are not generic but bound to a particular
hypervisor. Should the Xen specific stuff not be in the binary blob?