Re: [Xen-devel] Tracking "Cannot allocate memory" error in shadow_alloc_p2m_table

Tim Deegan wrote:
At 00:13 -0500 on 12 Jan (1168560825), Steven Rostedt wrote:
Why do we need that code, it's using stale data, and updating the shadow page tables with a m2p mapping that is from a older domain.

The domain builder for translated PV guests still populates the physmap
before enabling shadow-translate mode, so needs this init code.  Now
that paravirt-ops kernels use proper mmu operations that can probably be
fixed up.

In the meantime, cset 13326:dc0638bb4628 of xen-unstable should have
stopped it from killing the guest if it finds an entry that's too big.

Is there a way to tell if this is a translated PV guest? I'd rather not do this code at all if it is not needed. We are mapping pages into a guess from junk data. I hate to find out later on that something is missed, and we allow for the guest to have access to memory it should not have.

-- Steve