Re: [Xen-devel] Trouble with TCP between domUs

On Thu, 2006-12-07 at 16:38 +0100, Jacob Gorm Hansen wrote:
> >From dom0 I can ping and TCP connect to the domain just fine, but from
> the domU the TCP connection hangs after the first few packets. UIP
> complains about missing TCP checksums on the incoming packets,

You can get round that one by writing a feature-no-csum-offload=1 node
in xenstore. netfront.c in the sparse tree does this conditionally in
order to support older Linux kernels that also don't cope well with
missing checksums. With that set dom0 should do checksumming for you.

>  but I
> think I am having trouble with MTUs > PAGE_SIZE as well.

I'd have thought that not setting "feature-sg" in xenstore would do that
but I'm not 100% sure.

Perhaps you need to set MTU on vifX.Y in dom0 too?

Ian.