[Xen-devel] Trouble with TCP between domUs

  • To: xen-devel <Xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Jacob Gorm Hansen <jacobg@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2006 16:38:46 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 07 Dec 2006 07:39:21 -0800

hi,

I have added a network driver and the UIP tiny TCP/IP stack to mini-os,
and I am trying to network between mini-os and a domU running XenLinux.

>From dom0 I can ping and TCP connect to the domain just fine, but from
the domU the TCP connection hangs after the first few packets. UIP
complains about missing TCP checksums on the incoming packets, but I
think I am having trouble with MTUs > PAGE_SIZE as well. I am assuming
that what bites me is the various domU->domU optimizations being applied
in XenLinux netfront.

How can I turn off all the fancy optimizations in XenLinux netfront in
one go, in order to make progress without all these features in my
driver, or alternatively, is there a required minimum spec that I must
adhere to? As I said, things work just fine when networking with dom0.

Thanks,
Jacob