[Xen-devel] Testing Report for Xen 3.0.3 rc5

  • To: <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Xu, JiajunX" <jiajunx.xu@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 22:08:57 +0800
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 07:09:37 -0700

We have tested Xen for 3.0.3 rc5. In the testing we mainly focus on
retesting the issues of the rc3.

Following is the detail status:
One new issue found in 3.0.3 rc5:
1. IA32 PAE Win2003 will crash HVM domain with more than 4GB memory
assigned on IA32e HV.
The issue won't appear every time. Booting IA32 PAE Win2003 HVM domain
for several times with more than 4GB memory will reproduce the issue
easily.

And there are still 7 old issues in 3.0.3 rc5:
1. Windows Vista CANNOT boot up normally on PAE HV
When we try to boot Vista, it will give us a black screen and "xm list"
shows the status is "b". The issue is not clear now, if we compile Xen
with gcc version 4.1, vista can boot up. But if with gcc version 3.4.3,
it cannot boot up.

2. FC6&FC5 IA32e SMP HVM Guest crash when booting SMP Guest
IA32 FC5 SMP, IA32e FC5 SMP and IA32e FC6 SMP HVM Guest will crash
Guest.

3. Can not input number from special number keys (when Open Num Lock)
Sometimes the keyboard will work and sometimes not. And we met the issue
under both VNC and SDL mode.

4. LTP case "gettimeofday02", "ioperm02" and "pselect01" may fail in
HVM.
And we found "times03" also will fail in IA32 NONE_PAE SMP HVM Guest on
the all three platform HV.
These three fail cases can be easily reproduced by run them for 10
times.

5. X11perf fails in HVM
X11perf is X11 server performance test program. If run all the cases in
it, it will fail and print that:
X Error of failed request:  BadValue (integer parameter out of range for
operation)
  Major opcode of failed request:  53 (X_CreatePixmap)
  Value in failed request:  0x8
  Serial number of failed request:  167370704

6. Can't set acoustic mangement with HVM IDE

7. Testing big ICMP package from xen0 to HVM, it always loss most
packages.

Two issues have been fixed in rc5:
1. LTP case "mtest05 mmstress" in PAE SMP HVM domain may cause xen0
crash.
2. Win2k installation with ACPI enabled will give a blue screen.

Best Regards,
Jiajun