Re: [Xen-devel] [RFC] support console resolutions better than 80x25

On 3 Aug 2006, at 15:07, Jan Beulich wrote:

Sure, once I know the code is generally acceptable this can be done (till
now I simply didn't bother).
As you've seen I omitted the font source files (almost identical clones of the respective linux files) - would you want these in a separate directory
then, too?

Yes, I think all vga stuff can go in its own subdirectory.

 * Are the vga files you add pulled from some other project (svgalib)?
If so, are they heavily modified or is it plausible for us to track and
port changes from that other project?

Taken from Linux, but heavily modified.

Fair enough. I suppose this code is unlikely to change much.

 * Maybe add a feature or version field to the console_info structure
so we can extend it in future.

Can do. But I considered using the size of the structure sufficient, as
that basically enforces (with a little discipline) adding to the end of the
structure.

Ok, makes sense.

To make the code clearer we can put {store,console}_{mfn,evtchn} inside a union something like:

union {
    struct {
        store, console info
    } normal;