[Xen-devel] Re: gdb regression in xen-3.0-testing.hg

In article <87irmth5jg.wl%simon.kagstrom@xxxxxx> you wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I recently updated to the latest xen-3.0-testing repository, and since
> then I've had problems with GDB debugging. Only single stepping
> ('step') works, not stepping over function calls ('next') and setting
> breakpoints doesn't work either.
>
> I've looked in the changelog for changes in tools/libxc and
> tools/debugger/, but I haven't found any changes which would impact
> this (as far as I can see). I've tried to debug libxc a bit, and I can
> see the write of an 'int3' instruction, but it doesn't look like it
> actually happens.
>
> Anyone else have this problem?

Hi,

I made a number of cleanups and fixes to xc_ptrace a while back which
seem to have nade it into xen-3.0-testing. I'm not sure if the
regression you are seeing is before or after those patches, but due
to their fairly extensive nature you might want to look into them.

http://tx.downloads.xensource.com/xen-3.0-testing.hg?cs=8ed131452f27
http://tx.downloads.xensource.com/xen-3.0-testing.hg?cs=26eff2448966

--
Horms                                           http://www.vergenet.net/~horms/