Re: [Xen-devel] Why do we use /usr/lib/python to install python libraries?

On Wed, Jun 14, 2006 at 08:32:39AM +0100, Ewan Mellor wrote:

> c) make sure that we actually do install into /usr/lib64 on appropriate
>    systems.  This is a current bug, though I've no idea when it got
>    introduced.  We need to install into /usr/lib64 because xc.so and xs.so are
>    compiled native code.

Could you clarify this? What happens on 64-bit Linux installations right
now?

Since the 64-bit cleanness isn't quite there yet, we need to install
both a 64-bit and 32-bit on Solaris. Unfortunately Python doesn't seem
to have much support for running like this (in particular, it'll just
give up if it finds an extension .so of the wrong elf class rather than
looking in a 64-bit path or whatever).

thanks
john