Re: [Xen-devel] PCI code Xen 2 -> Xen 3

On 1 Jun 2006, at 20:42, David Carr wrote:

   I'm porting some code from 2 to 3 that did some PCI configuration in
the hypervisor.  A lot of the Xen code that supported this seems to
have moved.  For example, in Xen 2 there was a header file
(xen/include/xen/pci.h) that defined the pci_dev struct and several
other things.  Where is that sort of code located now?

Lots of platform initialisation and management has been moved to domain0. Xen itself no longer knows anything at all about PCI. Instead we use the domain0 guest OS's PCI subsystem unmodified.

What major Xen architectural changes should I be aware of? I've read the developer presentations on the Xen website and checked the Wiki. Is there
other documentation?

You've just bumped into one of the biggest ones. :-)

 -- Keir