[Xen-devel] Re: Resend: xenolinux hg repo

  • To: "Jimi Xenidis" <jimix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Christian Limpach" <christian.limpach@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 May 2006 20:46:33 +0100
  • Cc: Ian Pratt <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Hollis R. Blanchard" <hollisb@xxxxxxxxxx>, xen-ppc-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 08 May 2006 12:46:56 -0700

On 5/8/06, Jimi Xenidis <jimix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
resend to larger group:

which one is the right one?
I'm going thru some merge hell and a need some newer PPC code from
kernel.org.
is it:
   http://xenbits.xensource.com/linux-2.6-xen.hg (worked on)

This is the one which tracks the xen-unstable tree best, ideally on a
daily basis but sometimes I end up doing less boring things than
moving patches around. ;-)

--or--
   http://xenbits.xensource.com/ext/linux-2.6-merge.hg (six weeks of
nothing)

This is currently abandoned since it doesn't look like creating a
mergeable complete set of patches or tree has any chance of getting
merged upstream.  It is also very tedious to maintain because there
are usually many merge conflicts and/or manual intervention needed to
pull changes from linux-2.6-xen into this tree.

there is also linux-2.6.rc-xen.hg

This is supposed to track xen-unstable fairly closely and also get
updated whenever there is a new linux rc version.

linux-2.6.tip-xen.hg

This is supposed to track xen-unstable fairly closely and also get
updated to linux git tree on an almost daily basis.  Maintained by
Chris Wright.

linux-2.6-patchqueue.hg

This is the patchqueue we intend to post on LKML.

the PPC team depends on the xenolinux repos trees rather that the
sparse tree.
We were haning off linux-2.6-merge.hg we would like to figure out
which one tracks Linus's git tree best.

Any of linux-2.6-xen, linux-2.6.rc-xen or linux-2.6.tip-xen, depending
on whether you like more churn coming from xen-unstable or from linux
git.

   christian