Re: [Xen-devel] xm-test results

On Wed, May 03, 2006 at 03:56:07PM -0400, Krysan, Susan wrote:

> Ewan,
> We are looking into the xm-test failures.
>
> regarding
> >  FAIL: 01_enforce_dom0_cpus_basic_pos
> >          /proc/cpuinfo says xend didn't enforce dom0_cpus (30 != 1)
>
> We noticed that when this test resets dom0_cpus to 1 it takes a few seconds
> for /proc/cpuinfo to reduce from 32 processors to 1 processor.  So we put in
> a sleep of 10 seconds in the test script, right before it checks
> /proc/cpuinfo.  Then the test succeeds.  We see the same failure with 16
> processors, but not 8 processors.  Should this test be patched to introduce
> a sleep statement for systems with 16 or more processors?

That's great work, thanks.  It's nice to know that it's the test that's
broken, not the code ;-)

A sleep would be fine, but even better than that would be a loop that monitors
/proc/cpuinfo, waiting for it to come down to 1 (with a timeout of course).
That way, we are guaranteed to wait exactly long enough, and no longer.

Ewan.