RE: [Xen-devel] xm-test results

  • To: "Ewan Mellor" <ewan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Krysan, Susan" <KRYSANS@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 May 2006 15:56:07 -0400
  • Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 03 May 2006 12:56:38 -0700

Ewan,
We are looking into the xm-test failures.

regarding
>  FAIL: 01_enforce_dom0_cpus_basic_pos
>          /proc/cpuinfo says xend didn't enforce dom0_cpus (30 != 1)

We noticed that when this test resets dom0_cpus to 1 it takes a few seconds for
/proc/cpuinfo to reduce from 32 processors to 1 processor.  So we put in a
sleep of 10 seconds in the test script, right before it checks /proc/cpuinfo.
Then the test succeeds.  We see the same failure with 16 processors, but not 8
processors.  Should this test be patched to introduce a sleep statement for
systems with 16 or more processors?

Thanks,

Sue Krysan
Linux Systems Group