Re: [Xen-devel] Xen3 domU network packet loss (udp iperf)

On Wed, Mar 22, 2006 at 06:44:52PM -0500, Andrew D. Ball wrote:
> I wonder if this is why I've never seen a domU kernel finish booting
> with ip="dhcp" in the Python configuration file.
>
> This translates to an "ip=:::::eth0:dhcp" kernel parameter, so the domU
> seems to be using the DHCP client embedded in the Linux kernel.
>
> It always times out for me, but I haven't found time to dig deeper into
> what's going wrong.
>
> Has anyone else had better luck?

I also noticed that when doing both the incoming and outgoing transfers
simultaneously, the incoming speed to domU is 1/2 of the speed of outgoing
speed (or even lower).

with iperf "Do a bidirectional test simultaneously" test:

outside -> domU: 175 Mbits/sec
domU -> outside: 392 Mbits/sec

What could explain that?

- Pasi