Re: [Xen-devel] Xen3 domU network packet loss (udp iperf)

I wonder if this is why I've never seen a domU kernel finish booting with ip="dhcp" in the Python configuration file.

This translates to an "ip=:::::eth0:dhcp" kernel parameter, so the domU seems to be using the DHCP client embedded in the Linux kernel.

It always times out for me, but I haven't found time to dig deeper into what's going wrong.

Has anyone else had better luck?

Thanks for your help.
Andrew
Andrew D. Ball <aball@xxxxxxxxxx>

Pasi Kärkkäinen wrote:
And you won't notice this packet loss with TCP, because TCP automatically
re-transmits the missing packets.. TCP speed does suffer, however.

Others seeing this?

- Pasi