[Xen-devel] important save feature

As it is right now, when a domain is saved to a file, it gets
shutdown(suspended). However, it seems like a smarter idea to leave that
part at the user's discretion.
After all, a domain state may be saved locally for checkpointing and
safety purposes, in which case we would most definitely like the local
domain to keep running.
Actually, if a guest itself runs computational tasks only and has no
network interfaces... than it may be a good idea for other reasons in
migration too.

Does this even sound possible in the current state of xen?
I was thinking of simply pausing the domain instead of suspending it,
and sending the shared info records manually without suspending.

what do you think?