Re: [Xen-devel] domU network data payload corruption

On 9 Feb 2006, at 17:59, Saku Ytti wrote:

Hopefully you are building your own kernels. If so, try modifying the
Linux file drivers/net/forcedeth.c. There is a line like this:
define DEV_HAS_HIGH_DMA 0x0008
Try changing the 0x0008 to 0

I think this will probably work better for you. :-)

 I can confirm that it fixes the issue, thanks. I'll contact
upstream and refer them to this thread.

FYI:

The correct fix is to remove DEV_HAS_HIGH_DMA from the feature list for the appropriate device subtype (your device subtype is NVIDIA_NVENET_9).

It's surprising that noone else with a 64-bit system has seen this issue. Perhaps the NIC only has problems with packet fragments residing above 4GB -- that case would almost never be tested in native Linux. Or perhaps very few people with 64-bit systems use this type of card. Even PAE systems would typically not pass highmem pages to a network driver.

 -- Keir