Re: [Xen-devel] Shouldn't backend devices for VMX domain disks be opened with O_DIRECT?

On Thu, 2 Feb 2006, Anthony Liguori wrote:

> Referring to the original question, which has been quoted away,
> journaling doesn't require that data be written to disk per-say but that
> writes occur in a particular order.  A journal is always recoverable
> given that writes occur in the expected order.

If I do a database transaction or accept an email (SMTP transaction),
I need to ensure that the data really did make it to disk.

There is a reason that the email RFCs explicitly state that the email
has to be committed to stable storage before returning the "250 Ok"!

--
All Rights Reversed