Re: [Xen-devel] device/udev problem

Gerd Knorr wrote:
Ewan Mellor wrote:
On Wed, Oct 19, 2005 at 02:20:09PM +0200, Kurt Garloff wrote:

After some time, xenbus seems to get stuck however, and then the hotplug
events don't seem to get through any longer.
Rebooting helps against this.

Do you issue xm block-detach commands? There is a known bug here that would cause such behaviour. If you are not doing this, I would be interested to know, because that would be an unknown bug, and would be worth tracking down.

I see that behavior as well, after some time setting up block devices stops working (maybe network too, can't test that due to vbd not working and my domU's not booting any more). Restarting xend doesn't help. I don't use "xm block-*" commands.

Was this using udev or hotplug for dom0 device manipulation?