Re: [Xen-devel] MacBook Pro Yonah (Intel Core Duo)

  • From: m h <sesquile@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 18:06:31 +0000
  • Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 18:15:26 +0000

So for those of us looking to buy a VT laptop, I have a few questions
to make sure I understand this.  Is the VT functionality provided by
the chip set in stone or is it still in flux?  If it is set in stone,
then the issues of getting XP to run are just software(xen)/bios
issues?  If this is so then when laptops advertised they are "VT
enabled" waiting for a while won't necessarily get you better
functionality per se (just the longer you wait the better the software
will be and the cheaper the laptop will be).

Hopefully this makes sense.  I need to get a laptop soon, and I'd
definitely like to be able to have VT working.  Any advice?