Re: [Xen-devel] xm console oddity

On Tue, Jan 24 '06 at 21:18, Himanshu Raj wrote:
> When I connect to a domain's console via
>         xm console vmid
>
> I have to press an enter to get the console prompt. I am wondering if anyone
> else has seen this and if there is a remedy for this?
Yes, on all my DomUs. The "console" of a DomU emulates a serial line.
So, unless there is still something left in the ouput buffer, you don't
get any output unless you make your linux produce some.

And pressing enter on a getty will make it print a prompt.
--
/"\ Goetz Bock at blacknet dot de  --  secure mobile Linux everNETting
\ /       (c) 2006 Creative Commons, Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 de