Re: [Xen-devel] performance problems...

On 13 Jan 2006, at 09:56, James Harper wrote:

The default is 75% CPU for domain0, which would explain the unfair
sharing. :-)

I would have said that DomU had less than 25%, based on its nonexistent
performance.

Is it a generally held belief that this arrangement is a good thing? Or
does it just assume that I won't do anything silly like xen recompiles
under dom0?

The default basically assumes that dom0 is a server for other domains, so you want to favour it if it's runnable. There isn't much science behind that choice of default, I can assure you. :-)

 -- Keir