Re: [Xen-devel] n/w performance degradation

Diwaker Gupta wrote:

Not today. Unfortunately I'm going to be offline for the next couple
of weeks. Anyhow, I'll try to see if I can post some more data in the
interim.

No problem, thanks for running your tests again..

What are your memory allocations? How much
of a bump do you get if you increase memory?

Currently, both dom0 and the vm have 128MB. I rebooted with dom0
having 512MB and VM with 256 MB. Here are the numbers:

dom0:
[  5]  0.0-10.0 sec    987 MBytes    828 Mbits/sec

VM:
[  5]  0.0-10.0 sec    938 MBytes    787 Mbits/sec

So getting slightly better. I haven't run these with SEDF though,
above are using BVT.

Yep, the  bigger difference in Xen 3.0 is that it's
just more sensitive to memory - when I tested
earlier in the summer most of the difference
between dom0 and domU could be gained back by
350MB dom0 and 512MB domUs doing heavy network
traffic.

So you have:

128MB domU - 450 Mbits/sec
250MB domU - 787 Mbits/sec

Which is roughly the same amount off the linear that I
recall..

thanks,
Nivedita