Re: [Xen-devel] xen-unstable: TX/RX ring buffer exhaustion and NR_GRANT_FRAMES

The xenidc code has the concept of a buffer resource provider which
implements an anti-deadlock resource reservation.  Each client has uses
a pool with it's own buffer resource provider and the anti-deadlock
resource reservations decouple the clients from one another.  The
underlying implementation of the buffer resource provider is currently
trivial (individual resource pools) but the intention is that the buffer
resource providers will share resources from a common underlying pool.

This resource management strategy allows you to make better use of
constrained resources like grant tables whilst avoiding deadlock.