[Xen-devel] xen-unstable: TX/RX ring buffer exhaustion and NR_GRANT_FRAMES

Hi,

it seems as if it is not possible to have more than 3 nics per domU
right now.  If I specify more, I get the usual

  [...]
  xen_net: Initialising virtual ethernet driver.
  #### netfront can't alloc rx grant refs
  vif: probe of vif-3 failed with error -12
  [...]

message - see bug #183.  It was pointed out to me that it might be
possible to adjust this manually in xen/include/xen/grant_table.h,
however, setting ORDER_GRANT_FRAMES to 3 to get more pages of grant
tables doesn't change anything.  Sooo, question #1: how can I alter the
code to get more grant tables such that more nics per domU will become
available?  Question #2: is it planned to make this configurable, e.g.
by boot option for dom0?

Regards,
--
Birger Tödtmann                   email:btoedtmann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Technik der Rechnernetze, Institut für Experimentelle Mathematik