RE: [Xen-devel] Re: network-bridge script reworked

  • To: "Ewan Mellor" <ewan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Ian Pratt" <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 09:18:01 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 08:19:21 +0000

 > > Just a reminder to fix this inconsistency. The default
> should probably
> > be yes (unless there is some reason why antispoof doesn't work?)
>
> I have done (you haven't seen this on the public server yet,
> of course).  To start with, I fixed it setting the default to
> no, because antispoof does certainly seem to be broken, but
> I'm fixing that now, and hopefully the default will be yes very soon.

We often don't know the domain's IP addr, so in general its not possible
to use antispoof.

There are also issues with antispoof breaking DHCP from domU's when used
with certain DHCP servers.

I'd certainly keep the default as 'off' at this stage in proceedings.

Ian