RE: [Xen-devel] critical blocker: mptbase

  • To: Stephan Böni <boeni@xxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Ian Pratt" <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2005 18:30:50 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Sat, 01 Oct 2005 17:28:27 +0000

> When booting the system into dom0 the system hangs while
> trying to initiate the boot device scsi id2 with the error:
> mtpbase: Initiating ioc0 recovery
>
> OS: Suse Linux 10.0-rc1
>     XEN 3.0 (build as part of Suse 10)
>
> HW: IBM x336 with Xeon cpu
>     FC controller with qla2312 chipset

Has you system got an LSI 53c10xx controller in it? You mention a qla2312, but
presumably that uses the qla2xxx driver rather than mptbase. [I presume mtpbase
is just a typo, as I'm not aware of such a driver.]

What does the output of lspci show on your system? What xen changeset version
are you using?

mptbase works on lots of other systems just fine.

Ian