Re: [Xen-devel] Cannot create domU

On Mon, Sep 26, 2005 at 03:41:38PM +0100, Keir Fraser wrote:

> On 26 Sep 2005, at 15:14, Greg KH wrote:
>
> >That's been "depreciated" for quite some time now.  I would recommend
> >you switch to moving your script to /etc/hotplug.d/xen/ or
> >/etc/hotplug.d/default/ (depending on how your hotplug event is being
> >created.  Which reminds me, how is it?  Pointers to code anywhere?)
>
> We originally placed the script in /etc/hotplug.d/xen, but found that
> didn't work on some distros. Can't remember which ones, nor how old
> they were. We should perhaps detect such systems and treat them
> specially in our install script, and move the script back to
> /etc/hotplug.d by default.

Yes, some very old distros did not have the multiplexed /sbin/hotplug
program which would run stuff in /etc/hotplug.d/, but they should be all
gone now :)

> Our main hotplug event function is in
> drivers/xen/xenbus/xenbus_probe.c

Have an online source browser anywhere?

>, I think (it's used by our network driver at least). Actually xenbus
>registers all our virtual devices with sysfs, and I guess that
>generates some hotplug events automatically?

Yes, it will.  You should _never_ call /sbin/hotplug on your own.  The
one last holdout in the kernel is the input subsystem, and that will be
fixed very soon.

thanks,

greg k-h