Re: [Xen-devel] /proc/xen/xenbus supports watch?

On 23 Sep 2005, at 00:51, Rusty Russell wrote:

Which is why I am pondering a bundle/unbundle interface for
transactions, so we can migrate them with the domain.  Summary:

How do you guarantee consistency of the migrated transaction? It holds no locks or anything on the values it has read while it is not running, so they could change under its feet?

Correctness-wise, it sounds to me as though bundle/unbundle has the same correctness guarantees as drop all writes, ENOENT on reads, and EAGAIN on commit.

Or is the bundling simply so that you can continue to feed consistent snapshotted values to the transaction from its 'shadow store', even though it is ultimately a doomed transaction?

Do xenstored's performance problems stem from copying the store for every transaction?

 -- Keir