Re: [Xen-devel] /proc/xen/xenbus supports watch?

On Thu, 2005-09-08 at 11:38 +0100, Christian Limpach wrote:
> On 9/8/05, NAHieu <nahieu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Anybody (Christian?) could please tell me if we can get the support
> > for registering watch with /proc/xen/xenbus? (..OK, I know that we
> > will change it this /proc stuff to a device soon)
> >
> > So far we can only do read/write/rm. I really miss the xen watch feature.

At the moment, the xenbus device is a simple hack which grabs the lock
on all store communication on open, and drops it on close.  It's not
really a general mechanism for tools in domUs to communicate with the
store.

BTW, Christian, you'll be happy to know I'm testing a patch which
changes the unnatural ioctl into a read/write interface 8)

Cheers,
Rusty.
--
A bad analogy is like a leaky screwdriver -- Richard Braakman