Re: [Xen-devel] question about domU memory mapping

On 27 Jul 2005, at 07:37, Xin Zhao wrote:

I am trying to map some memory page in DomU kernel space. Specifically, I am trying to map the in-kernel module structure of sunrpc whose address is
d0848480 and machine address is 00000480. The aligned page becomes zero
(that's weird, I don't know whether that's possible). When I tried to map
it into Dom0, I got an error number -14 which means bad address.

So my question is:
1. Is this kind memory remappable?
2. If so, what's wrong with this? or what's the right way to do that?

The machine address of that structure is certainly not 0x480. Xen would never allocate a page below 1MB to a domain.

 -- Keir