Re: [Xen-devel] xs.c and PyMODINIT_FUNC in xen-unstable-src.tgz

rami rosen wrote:
Hello,

Really a little thing:

I had downaloaded the xen-unstable-src.tgz version from the Xen downloads web site yesterday.

I ran "make world".
I have python-2.2.2-26 on my RH9 machine.

I get an error in xs.c; looking a bit showed that it came from that
PyMODINIT_FUNC is not define; more specifically:

These lines in python/xen/lowlevel/xs/xs.c:
/* Needed for Python versions earlier than 2.3. */
//#ifndef PyMODINIT_FUNC
//#define PyMODINIT_FUNC DL_EXPORT(void)
//#endif

So I removed this remarks ; I also saw that in xc.c and xu.c these
#ifndef PyMODINIT_FUNC lines **DO** appear.

I assume that these lines were remarked mistakingly and that there is no real
need to upgrade the Python version to a version >= 2.3. Am I right ?

Python 2.3 was released in July 2003, so versions older than that
are pretty old. Looking at the release notes I see that bool(), True and False
came in back then - so I suspect some things may not work right with earlier
versions.

Regards,
Mike