Re: [Xen-devel] Control tools work

On Tuesday 31 May 2005 14:29, Charles Coffing wrote:
> Christian,
>
> I've done a pull and now see the functionality in XendCheckpoint.py; thanks
> for the heads-up.
>
> But how do you see things outside of xm & xend accessing this
> functionality?  In particular, I'm thinking of a CIMOM provider written in
> C++.  Forking/exec-ing an "xm migrate" command is less than ideal, for
> several reasons (progress reporting, error reporting without having to grok
> text, overhead on a busy server, ...)  In my ideal world, this level of
> functionality would be in C or C++ libraries, so you can put whatever you
> want on top of it, be it Python commands or C++ CIMOM code or anything
> else.
>
> I don't necessarily want to revive the old Python debate, but this does
> complicate things.

Hi Charles,

Please look at vm-tools, a set of C tools for managing Xen systems. It's a
work in progress, but it's coming along. We have single purpose C tools that
can easily be used to do what you require, whether wrapping them with scripts
or accessing them directly.

Here's Anthony's post mentioned the latest version:

http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-devel/2005-05/msg01080.html

Here's where to get it:

http://www.cs.utexas.edu/users/aliguori/vm-tools/

Thanks,