Re: [Xen-devel] Xeno-unstable crashing at boot

Keir Fraser wrote:

On 17 May 2005, at 12:52, Mike Wray wrote:

The guest stack is now always printed when dom0 fails, which is why
you get a more relevant error message.
Could you please add "earlyprintk=serial" to the linux command line
options (CONFIG_EARLY_PRINTK should be enabled in your kernel config
file by default -- if not, please enable it) and add a call do
dump_stack() at the beginning of acpi_table_compute_checksum in
linux-2.6.11-xen-sparse/drivers/acpi/tables.c.  Thanks!

OK, I did that and planted a few dump_stack() calls in the acpi code:

I've just checked in a fix -- the Xen-specific acpi_map_table() function was both unnecessary and broken. Hopefully latest unstable will boot on your test machine.

Just updated and rebuilt - still crashing.

Mike