Re: [Xen-devel] How to query the number of vcpus?

On 2 May 2005, at 16:21, Ryan Harper wrote:

If I were writing a load-balancing app I'd like to know where a domains'
vcpus are pinnable.  You had previously requested the cpumap to support
setting a list of physical cpus on which a vcpu can run.  It seems odd
(to me) to allow the setting of a variable, but to not be able to see what
the current value is.  Such an interface requires me to always send a
pin operation to ensure the cpumap is set how I want since I cannot
confirm the current value.

Makes sense to me. cpumap_t should be bigger than a long then, to allow for future growth.

 -- Keir