Re: [Xen-devel] dynamically allocating loopback devices?

  • To: Ian Pratt <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Kip Macy <kip.macy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 14:05:06 -0800
  • Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, ian.pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 22:06:11 +0000

That allows me to bypass the losetup, but what about device
allocation? - the examples I see all look like
disk = [ 'file:/u/kmacy/mdroot-5.3,loop7,w' ]

What I'd really like is to be able to drop the second parameter, or
do something like

disk = [ 'file:/u/kmacy/mdroot-5.3,*,w' ]

-Kip