RE: [Xen-devel] AGP & Binary Nvidia Drivers

> I'm trying to get Xen running on my workstation for testing
> purposes. I
> can boot into a console fine, but when I try to start X using
> the Nvidia
> binary drivers, I get a black screen and nothing else. I am unable to
> switch to virtual consoles, but the system is still fully
> responsive. I
> can ssh into the machine to do work on it at that point. The
> only way to
> get the console back is to reboot the machine.

I suspect your system is actually not in a veryu healthy state, with
some completely random area of memory being used for the frame buffer
:-(

Are there any open source components to the Nvidia drivers at all? You
could try recompiling those, and auditing them for broken memory
allocations or use of virt_to_phys, but you're probably screwed without
the full source...

Ian