[Xen-devel] happy updates

  • From: "Eric S. Johansson" <esj@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 08:17:39 -0500
  • Delivery-date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 13:20:40 +0000

as folks sugested, my reiserfs volume seems to have been corrupted. regenerating it for another domU works ok so far (and under almost no load ;-)

interesting info turned up however. I made an exact copy of the harvee image (ext3) onto the tbtf Reiser FS based file system.

/dev/bigraid/root_harvee
                      4.0G  2.5G  1.4G  65% /mnt/source_root
/dev/bigraid/root_tbtf
                      4.0G  1.9G  2.2G  47% /mnt/newroot

I knew the file fragment packing of reiserfs was effective but I've never had such a clear demonstration of it.

more later

--- eric

--
http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/13.03/view.html?pg=5

The result of the duopoly that currently defines "competition" is that
prices and service suck. We're the world's leader in Internet
technology - except that we're not.