Re: [Xen-devel] Memory limits?

> Are there any plans on implementing swapping?

I got a vague impression this was being thought about but I don't know.  Is
anyone out there looking at this at the moment?

> It's really comfortable to
> start multiple guests with more memory than actually installed in the
> machine to have it available in case they need it (without manually
> tweaking something during the systems already run). That's one of the
> features I really like in VMWare ESX.

The main thing that swapping in the VMM buys you is the ability for VMs to
grow and shrink in physical memory footprint as different VMs increase /
decrease their workload.  An (arguably preferable) way to implement this in
Xen would be to use the balloon driver to automatically adjust memory
footprints.  We know roughly what this should look like - volunteers would be
good ;-)

Cheers,
Mark